Beetroots are a natural superfood!
- Low in calories but packed with important nutrients such as fibre, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, and manganese.
- Help lower blood pressure through dietary nitrates that dilate blood vessels.
- Improve athletic performance by improving energy production in the body.
- Help fight inflammation through anti-inflammatory pigments called betalains.
- Improve digestive health through dietary fibre content.
- Support mental health by dilating blood vessels, increasing blood supply to the brain.
- Anti-cancer properties are provided by anti-inflammatory betalains.
Serves: Makes 2 cups
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Recipe by Chalmers Organics Ltd
Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth puree forms. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with chopped, roasted hazelnuts, some nutty dukkha or sprinkle with some chopped or roughly torn mint leaves and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Spread generously on some sourdough or multi-seed bread, add some peppery rocket and sliced avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice.